Supporting early development of reading and spelling
A play based group for preschool and primary school students who would benefit from pre reading and spelling activities.
What you will gain:
- A chance to practise identifying sounds and putting them together verbally and/or using an alternate communication system, such as LAMP Words for Life or Proloquo2Go
- An opportunity to practise language and listening skills during story time
- Experience interacting with others, while participating in fun and engaging activities designed to support the development of reading and spelling skills.
Benefits of a group setting
- Makes a great complement to individual therapy
- Offers a fun way for your child to learn and practise their literacy skills
- Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from their peers and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
Friday 22 January, 9am – 11am
Location: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta 2151
Cost: $258.64 (price may change in line with NDIS price indexation increase)
Note: Carers will be asked to participate in the last 15 minutes of the group. During this time, a therapist will provide feedback and demonstrate specific strategies that can be used at home.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers who communicate verbally and/or use alternate communication systems, such as LAMP Words for Life or Proloquo2Go.
RSVP as soon as possible to secure your spot.