Adult Social Skills
Group therapy sessions for adults who want to increase their social skills.
What you will gain:
• Experience interacting with others while participating in engaging activities, designed to support the development of social skills
• An understanding of how to start, maintain and end a conversation
• Practise keeping a positive interaction going by staying on topic, taking turns and asking and answering questions.
Benefits of a group setting
• Makes a great complement to individual therapy
• Offers a fun way to learn and practise communication skills
• Allows for practical implementation of social skills
• Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from other participants and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
Friday 21st January 2022, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta 2151
Cost: $205.07 (subject to change in line with NDIS price indexation increase)
Cancellation: Northcott must be notified of cancellations at least 2 weeks prior to the group. Otherwise full charges will still apply against the participant’s NDIS plan.
There will be a 15-minute information session at 4:15pm. Any communication partners who are close to you are welcome to attend this talk.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers who communicate verbally and/or use alternate communication systems, such as LAMP Words for Life or Proloquo2Go.
Spots are limited. Please RSVP as soon as possible to secure your spot. Once you have RSVPed, we will ask some follow up to make sure the group is suitable for you.