Find your own footing with Northcott’s Individual Housing options. We support our customers to live independently and find their own way in the world .
Our Individual Housing service offers fully accessible, modified housing support to meet the needs of someone who wants to live independently but also requires daily drop-in support.
Our Individual Housing Service includes:
- Rent: 25% of your Disability Support Pension usually goes towards your rent, which Northcott will manage.
- Utilities: 50% of your Disability Support Pension usually goes towards utilities and other independent living cost.
- Food: Is provided and included in the independent living costs covered by your funding. If you have dietary requirements Northcott will take this into consideration when finding the right home. This includes accommodating for a range of options like a vegetarian diet or dysphagia.
- Assistance with daily personal supports: Whether it’s a speech therapist or an occupational therapist, together we can assess what daily personal supports you need.
- Accommodation-related community access: This includes specialised transport and access to shopping and medical appointments.
We have several Individual Housing options in areas such as Sydney, Wagga Wagga, Hunter, New England, Albury and Murrumbidgee regions. As a large provider, we have 110 individual properties that we operate, translating to roughly 500 places. We usually have a range of vacancies available. To get an idea of what we have on offer, check out our current vacancies and contact a Northcott representative on 1300 103 872 for more information.
Individual Housing FAQ
1.What funding will I need to live in this type of accommodation?
Most of our Individual Houses are set up as Specialist Disability Accommodation. To be able to live in this type of housing you will need to have Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding included in your NDIS package, which is in addition to Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding. At Northcott, we want to work with you in finding and applying for the right funding and will offer you support throughout this process.
2. What types of vacancies do Northcott offer?
We offer individual housing, shared housing, supported living and specialist supported living options. We also look to tailor our housing options to suit the needs of our customers. Please speak to one of our customer service representatives on 1800 818 286 for more information.
3. What if I wish to move into a different house in the future?
This is a lot easier than the process of applying for your new house. Since you will have your SDA funding already setup you just need to find a home that suits your requirements and funding.
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your NDIS questions.