We offer Housing and Supported Independent Living services that support people with disability who are searching for a new place to call home.
Housing and Supported Independent Living Services
The types of Housing and Supported Independent Living services we offer include:
- Shared Housing and Supports
- Individual Housing and Support
- Supported Living
- Specialist Supported Living
For short-term breaks or temporary housing needs, such as you are waiting for modifications to your home, we also provide short to medium term disability accommodation through our Centre Based Respite services.
Our specialist team at Northcott support people with disability who want to:
- Live independently
- Learn and develop everyday skills
- Be a part of the community
- Make friends
- Receive support in personal care or healthcare
So, what is the process we’ll have to take to get you into your new home?
Finding your new home is an important process which you will be involved in from start to finish. At Northcott we aim to be involved every step of the way. Check out our five-step breakdown of this process and how we work with you to find your new home:
1. We assess level of need
Together we assess your level of need – our team wants to understand your needs right from the beginning.
We will ask you questions like:
- What do you need from your new home?
- How important is location to you?
- Do you have any mobility issues?
- What level of support will you require in your new home?
- Do you require assisted living services?
2. We apply for funding
If you are looking for somewhere to live now it is important that you have, or are applying for, the correct funding from the NDIS. Many of our houses require Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding in addition to Supported Independent Living funding. Please see under each housing type for specific requirements.
At Northcott, we want to work with you in finding and applying for the right funding and will offer you support throughout this process. For additional information about funding please click here.
3. We search for accommodation
Northcott is a major Housing and Supported Independent Living provider. We have over 110 individual properties across NSW offering a range of different housing options. We are also investing and developing new houses and new supported living options. Gathering all our resources, we search for accommodations suitable for your needs, funding and personal preferences.
4. We wait
We want to support you in finding your new home as fast as possible, but sometimes it can take time to find a home that ticks your boxes. You can trust that we will be there throughout this process waiting with you.
5. We find your home!
This is all you have worked for, your new home! This rite of passage is an exciting time for everyone.
For now, get excited about finding your new home by looking at our current vacancies or by browsing Nest to view some of our housing profiles and current vacancies. Remember to speak to one of our representatives on 1300 103 972 or make an enquiry online to make sure you have a head start on the process and are updated when a vacancy becomes available.
So, what’s next?
What happens after you have moved into your new home? What is the process? How does Northcott deliver continued supported and independent living services? Find answers to all your questions when you speak to our friendly team.
If you are still exploring your options, please contact us and let us know so that we can discuss how to best meet your needs.
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
– Personalised service: We will provide support and advice specific to your needs, as well as an expert to assist you to navigate the system and plans.
– Experienced and professional team: Our team members are specialists in disability support and have access to quality local supports to assist you.
– Complete support: Depending on the type of housing that you are considering, we can offer a range of supports including: assisting at meal times, medical administration, supporting complex disability and other health-related needs.
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding customers can use to purchase Housing and Supported Independent Living services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved living arrangements
- Supported independent living
- Specialist disability accommodation
We can also support customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding. We will support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.
Housing and Supported Independent Living FAQs
1.When and where are Northcott’s housing services available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week across NSW. Please review the different housing types for where the service is offered and contact us to discuss your options.
2. What type of funding do I need to live in a Northcott property?
It is important that you have SDA and SIL funding either approved or applied for in your NDIS package to be eligible to live in a Northcott property. We want to work with you in finding and applying for the right funding and will offer you support throughout this process. Contact our specialist customer service team who can support you in figuring out how you can start this process.
3. Are utilities included in my rent?
Your funding covers more than just rent. From your funding, 25% goes to rent and 50% goes towards independent living costs which includes things like food, cleaning, electricity, and internet. For more information please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 103 972.
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your questions.