Our Housing and Supported Independent Living service supports people with disability to:
- Live independently
- Develop their skills in everyday tasks
- Be a part of their community
- Make friends
- Receive tailored support in personal care or healthcare in their own home
What we can offer
Our Housing and Supported Independent Living team offers a range of services to assist people with disability who wish to live independently or who are developing skills to live in their own home or in supported accommodation.
Northcott has a long history of providing accessible, modified accommodation for people with disability. Our range of housing options includes:
- shared housing where people can choose who they wish to live with and how their supports (such as personal care, healthcare, daily assistance) are structured and delivered
- supported independent living where a person lives in their own home and receives support to assist with everyday tasks or getting out in the community
- individual housing for those who wish to live independently with some drop-in support when they need it
- specialist supported living for people who have more complex medical support needs and may require specialist nursing staff as part of their support team
For short-term breaks or temporary housing needs (such as while you are waiting for modifications to your home or permanent accommodation), we also provide short to medium-term disability accommodation services – also known as Centre Based Respite.
If one of your current goals is to live independently or in supported accommodation in the near future, it is important you have, or are applying for, the correct funding from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Many of Northcott’s housing options require Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding in addition to Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding.
For details about the specific funding requirements for each housing option, please click on the links below.
If living independently is a long-term goal or something you are exploring for the future, please contact us to discuss how we can best meet your needs.
Types of Housing we offer
What our customers can expect
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
We will provide supports and advice specific to your needs, as well as an expert to assist you to navigate the system and plans.
Experienced and professional team
Our team members come from a wide range of professional backgrounds but also have access to other quality local supports.
Depending on the type of Housing that you are considering, we can offer a range of supports including: assisting at meal times, medical administration and supporting complex disability and other health related needs.
When and where this service is available
This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week across NSW. For more information about the locations where each type of accommodation is offered, please use the links above. Contact us to discuss your options.
To view Northcott’s properties and search our vacancies, visit gonest.com.au and select ‘Northcott’ from the provider directory.
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding customers can use to purchase Housing and Supported Independent Living services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved living arrangements
- Supported independent living
- Specialist disability accomodation
We can also support customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.
We will support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your NDIS questions.