Housing and Supported Independent Living

Our Housing and Supported Independent Living services support people with disability who want to:

  • Live independently
  • Learn and develop everyday skills
  • Be a part of the community
  • Make friends
  • Receive support in personal care or healthcare

Our Housing and Supported Independent Living services team offer a range of services that enable customers to live independently.

Northcott is a major Housing and Supported Independent Living provider. We have over 110 individual properties across NSW offering a range of different Housing options.

We are also investing and developing new houses and new Supported Living options.

We offer Shared Housing and Supports, Individual Housing and Support, Supported Living and Specialist Supported Living.

For short-term breaks or temporary housing needs (such as you are waiting for modifications to your home) we also provide short-medium term disability accommodation (Centre Based Respite) services.

Contacting us

If you are looking for somewhere to live now it is important that you have, or are applying for, the correct funding from the NDIS. Many of our houses require Specialist Disability Accommodation funding in addition to Supported Independent Living funding. Please see under each housing type for specific requirements.

If you are still exploring your options then please contact us and let us know so that we can discuss how to best meet your needs.

Types of Housing we offer

Individual Housing

Find out more
Shared Housing

Find out more
Specialist Supported Living

Find out more
Supported Living

Find out more
Other Housing options

Find out more

What our customers can expect

We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:

Personalised service

We will provide supports and advice specific to your needs, as well as an expert to assist you to navigate the system and plans.

Experienced and professional team

Our team members come from a wide range of professional backgrounds but also have access to other quality local supports.

Complete support

Depending on the type of Housing that you are considering, we can offer a range of supports including: assisting at meal times, medical administration and supporting complex disability and other health related needs.

When and where this service is available

This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week across NSW. Please review the different housing types for where the service is offered and contact us to discuss your options.

To view the housing profiles and our vacancies, please search for one of the above suburbs using gonest.com.au

Additional funding information

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding customers can use to purchase Housing and Supported Independent Living services:

  • Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
  • Improved daily living skills
  • Improved living arrangements
  • Supported independent living
  • Specialist disability accomodation

We can also support customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.

We will support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.