AFOs custom made using 3D technology
Northcott Innovation and AbilityMate are searching for 20-30 children aged 2-8 to take part in a free clinical trial for 3D Printed Ankle Foot Orthotics.
Your child will be treated by two highly respected Orthotists, and will receive a pair of custom-made 3D Printed AFOs. The study goes for 6 months but the AFOs are yours to keep! You do not need to have an NDIS plan to participate in this trial, however you will need to be in Sydney for approximately 5 days, day 1 for assessment and scanning and return again on day 5 for fitment and adjustments.
WHO IS INVITED TO ENTER THIS STUDY?
In order to collect clinically valid outcomes we have a very specific criteria for children in the study which is based in Sydney. We are looking for children who:
- Are aged between 2-8 years and has a definitive disability diagnosis; and
- Have a Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) Score of 1 or 2;
- Has the ability to walk 10 meters independently, without the use of aides, and without the assistance of others
- Have not received botox treatment 9 months prior to trial start date; and/or expected to receive botox treatment during the 7 month trial period.
- Has been prescribed and worn Ankle Foot Orthotics before
For more information and to apply click here!