Our Speech Pathology service supports people with disability to:
- Communicate with family, friends, teachers, colleagues, and other members of the community, either verbally or through other forms of alternative communication (assistive technology)
- Participate in academic, workplace and social environments
- Enjoy mealtimes and manage swallowing difficulties
What we can offer
Our registered Speech Pathologists can support our customers in a number of ways:
Individual assessment and advice
We will meet with customers to:
- Discuss communication or mealtime goals
- Identify what supports or programs they currently have in place
- Support them to further improve their communication or mealtime enjoyment and safety
Personalised intervention programs
We can assist customers to access a range of therapeutic options, determine the best options for their specific needs and design a personalised intervention program.
We can provide a personalised assessment and intervention program for customers experiencing issues with:
- Speech – support to speak more clearly and be understood
- Language – support for people who may have trouble putting their ideas and thoughts into words and sentences or who may need support with reading and writing
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication – support using devices for people with complex communication needs
- Social Skills – support to improve the understanding of the rules for social interaction and awareness of body language, facial expressions and voice tone to improve social interactions
- Swallowing – make mealtime more enjoyable by reducing risk and increasing acceptance of different foods and textures
- Stuttering – provide strategies to support smooth speech delivery and management of stuttering to increase confidence
- Voice – provide exercises and support to optimise voice quality and develop healthy vocal habits
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique individual plan tailored to your needs and preferences
- An experienced therapist to support customers to improve their communication and mealtime management
An integrated approach
- Consultation with other Northcott therapists - including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and a dietitian - to assist our customers to reach their communication and mealtime goals
- Consultations with external support providers – including teachers, support workers, case workers to create a holistic support approach
A high quality evidence-based service
- All of our speech pathologists are registered members of Speech Pathology Australia
- Our speech pathologists participate in the association’s Professional Self Regulation program
- We participate in regular professional development activities, including internal training workshops, coaching and mentorships
When and where this service is available
This service is available weekdays in the following locations:
- Seven Hills
- Wagga Wagga
Our speech pathologists provide services in-home or in community settings - such as workplaces or educational settings. These services may incur a travel fee.
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding our customers can use to purchase Speech Pathology services:
- Improved daily living skills
Not eligible for the NDIS?
If you've had a chronic medical condition for at least six months, your GP may agree to provide a Chronic Disease Management Plan. This plan allows you to claim back a Medicare rebate for specific individual allied health services that your GP has identified as part of your care needs.
Those who make use of Medicare services are required to pay the full amount upfront. You will then be issued with a receipt that can be taken to Medicare to claim the rebate. Speak with your GP to find out if you are eligible.
Register your interest
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer you Fundability questions. Please call 1300 943 023 if you have any urgent enquiries.