Our dietitian service supports children and adults with disability to:
- Improve their health and wellbeing
- Make the right food choices
- Gain new ideas for tasty and nutritious meals
- Experience less stress come meal time
- Improve gut health, manage appetite and weight problems
Our dietitian offers everything a mainstream dietitian does, plus a whole lot more.
We have expertise in working with people who have intellectual and physical disability and who require specific supports due to their disability or the medications they are taking.
What we can offer
Our accredited and committed dietitian can support our customers in a number of ways:
Individual Assessment and Advice
During an appointment we will discuss with our customers their nutrition goals and then look at what foods they are currently eating.
From there we can identify what they might be lacking nutritionally and offer alternative options to expand our customers’ food variety.
Individual Skills Development
We can assist our customers to develop a range of skills including how to read food labels and how to choose nutritious foods if texture modifications are needed.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique individual plan tailored to your needs and preferences
- An expert to support customers to increase their nutrition knowledge
- Meal planning assistance where required
An integrated approach
- Consultation with other Northcott therapists, including occupational therapists and speech therapists, to assist our customers to reach their nutrition goals
When and where this service is available
This service is available Monday to Wednesday in the following locations:
Home visits are also available and will include a travel fee.
The NDIS will use the following terms to describe the funding you can purchase for this service:
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Improved daily living
Our dietitian can also support customers with arranging their home enteral nutrition (HEN) supplies via Core Supports.
Click here to find out more about our dietitian.