Job detail: Support Worker - Taree
Search for a job
Support Worker - Taree
About the role:
We are currently seeking eight enthusiastic and caring individuals interested in obtaining casual employment to work across our accommodation, centre based programs and in home and community programs.
Reporting to the Frontline Worker Supervisor, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities.
This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote the independence and inclusion in society of people with disability or developmental delay, as well as a desire to support individuals to have a voice, choice, and exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.
Typical duties may include:
- Support customers with Intellectual Disability, Mental Health issues and behaviours of concern.
- Implement behaviour support plans aimed at supporting individuals who demonstrate challenging behaviours to achieve their goals
- Experience supporting people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, in particular Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Centre-based skills development sessions and workshops which support our customers to reach their goals through activities such as cooking and budgeting.
- Helping to encourage and develop everyday living skills in line with our customers' NDIS plans.
- Enabling our customers to be part of their local community through in-home and community supports
- Involvement in short breaks and outings to meet new friends and develop new skills or just have a break from everyday life.
- Support customers to develop and maintain independence
- Support customers with personal care, health issues and hygiene such as eating, dressing, toileting and showering.
- Perform various household tasks including menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and other activities of daily living.
- Evidence of compliance with any Public Health Orders applicable at the time – including evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindication certificate if applicable to you.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their individual care plans, as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
- Experience with mental health and/or complex and challenging behaviours will be highly regarded.
- A current Australian Driver's Licence.
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Check
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain).
Why work for us?
- We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and to have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- A family friendly workplace is offered and support provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- Learning & career advancement opportunities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for this ad 9th November 2021
We are actively shortlisting for this role so please doesn’t hesitate to apply. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
When applying internally, Northcott employees are required to notify their Manager and should be aware that their Manager may be asked to endorse their application.
Share this role