Job detail: Support Worker - Cabramatta
Search for a job
Support Worker - Cabramatta
About the opportunities:
Northcott is currently looking for three committed, friendly and professional individuals to join our Accommodation and Respite Services Team in Cabramatta on a casual and permanent part time basis. The vacant (fortnightly) permanent line details are as follows:
- 1 X 40 hour line
Typical duties may include:
- Supporting customers to develop and maintain independence.
- Supporting customers with personal care including bowel care, peg feeding, catheterisation and other health and hygiene issues such as eating, dressing, toileting and showering.
- Performing various household tasks including menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and other activities of daily living.
- Implementing behaviour support plans aimed at supporting individuals who demonstrate behaviours of concern to achieve their goals.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their individual care plans, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience supporting customers with psychosocial disability, dementia, Intellectual disability, Acquired brain injuries, epilepsy and behaviours of concern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts
- A current Australian Driver's Licence
- Evidence of compliance with any Public Health Orders applicable at the time – including evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindication certificate if applicable to you.
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Check
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
The closing date for these positions will be the 4th November 2021. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period so please don't hesitate to apply.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications. Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Northcott is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Essential pre-employment checks will be conducted.
When applying internally, Northcott employees are required to notify their Manager and should be aware that their Manager may be asked to endorse their application.
Share this role