Job detail: Service Designer
Search for a job
Bring your established hands on consulting skills and design thinking approach to Northcott Innovation and make a difference.
This newly created role will see you create solutions to specific problems within the supported living space and foster a bottom-up problem identification and solution development process.
Northcott Innovation’s purpose is to enable the co-creation of solutions that support people with disability to live as equals in their community.
Working both autonomously and collaboratively across Northcott you will be responsible for;
- Developing and implementing co-design methodologies alongside people with disability
- Measuring and evaluating the impact of the Lab’s work
- Coaching and supporting frontline teams to build their design capabilities
- Ensures design based activities operates in line with service budget.
- Participates in the monitoring and analysis of Lab performance
- Participates in the creation and facilitation of professional development opportunities for Northcott employees surrounding design thinking, human centered design, problem solving and entrepreneurship
We are looking for someone unique, who naturally thinks BIG PICTURE with very effective communication and influencing skills. Additionally, we also see this person having;
- Demonstrated knowledge of design research methods;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to co-design principles and accessible design methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability in management consulting: comfort with ambiguity, able to prioritise and progress a range of issues;
- Strong commitment to the rights of people with disability;
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise duties;
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the capability to facilitate workshops, training sessions and present at conferences;
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce a diverse range of documentation;
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability and ability to maintain professional resilience during an environment of fast paced change and action;
On offer is the opportunity to join and contribute to the growth and success of one of the largest and most established disability services providers in NSW and the ACT. We have over 2500 staff, 110 accommodation sites and are proud to have provided service to over 13,500 valued NDIS participants last year.
As an employer we are proud to offer a family friendly workplace, not for profit salary packaging which can increase your take home pay and a new reward and recognition program that entitles you to discounts with a range of retailers, dining, entertainment and life-style brands.
To apply for this position, please provide an updated Resume along with a brief covering letter giving an overview of your most relevant skills and experience.
Share this role