The Spina Bifida Adult Resource Team consists of a clinical nurse consultant and a senior occupational therapist. The team provides a range of free services to adults who have spina bifida and are living in NSW.
These services include:
- Assisting young people to make the move from paediatric to adult services
- Orientating young people to their new adult health service
- Assisting with medical concerns as well as providing education and support to adults with spina bifida
- Linking adults to appropriate health services as required
- Promoting healthy lifestyles for adults with spina bifida
- Attending adult spina bifida clinics across NSW
- Providing spina bifida education to community services
Referrals are taken directly by the Spina Bifida Adult Resource Team. Adults with spina bifida can refer themselves, or any health or community service they are working with can make the referral with their permission.
The Spina Bifida Adult Resource Team is funded by NSW Health and supported by Northcott.
Meet your local team
Clinical Nurse Consultant
“I really enjoy working with people with spina bifida to support them to stay well, be active in the community and to achieve their goals.”
Senior Occupational Therapist
“I love the varied nature of the work. I get to do everything from visiting people in their homes to offering practical solutions, to working in our clinics.”
The Spina Bifida Adult Resource Team provides specialised information and support for adults with spina bifida who are transitioning from paediatric to adult services. The state-wide SBART is funded by the Department of Health and hosted by Northcott, meaning that it is not NDIS funded and open to anyone with spina bifida.
Services range from linking adults with appropriate health services to providing ongoing education to individuals and community services. Contact SBART now on 0414 408 738 to find out how the free health service can support you.
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your questions.