Group Therapy gives individuals a chance to learn and practice skills in a supported group environment with guidance from therapists and group members.
Benefits of participating in group therapy at Northcott
- It makes a great complement to individual therapy
- To socialise and learn from others in a supportive environment
- To engage in a range of fun activities designed to develop and improve skills
- It is a more cost effective way of using therapy funds
Activities in each group session will be graded to allow people of all abilities to be involved and adjustments will be made as skills improve.
For more information on upcoming groups
Examples of groups Northcott Therapy offers
- Language and social skills: maintaining positive back and forth interactions (e.g. PEERS, Hanen)
- Fine motor skills: moving small muscles in the hands (e.g. tying shoe laces, writing with a pencil, picking up and releasing objects)
- Gross motor skills: walking, balance, exercises and stretches, wheelchair user tips
- Alternative communication styles: becoming familiar with and gaining positive experiences using a communication device with others
- Sensory and emotional regulation: understanding and managing emotions and sensory needs
- Mealtime support: discussions about diet, mealtime routines, sensory needs and preferences around food items or food groups (e.g. SOS)
When and where are services available
We provide group therapy in our Northcott centres across NSW and the ACT.
Parramatta – 1 Fennell Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2750
Seven Hills – Suite 3 (for therapy only; main office: Suite 13)/197 Prospect Highway, Seven Hills, NSW, 2147
Tamworth – 3/126 Marius Street, Tamworth NSW 2340
Hurstville – 2/12 Butler Road, Hurstville, NSW, 2220
Casula – Casula Central, Suite 6, Building 18, 633 Hume Highway, Casula, NSW, 2170
Campbelltown – 1/101 Queen Street, Campbelltown, NSW, 2640
Penrith – Suite 4, 295 High St, Penrith NSW 2750 (entry via Evan Street)
Wollongong – 31 Kenny Street, Wollongong, NSW, 2500
Wagga Wagga – 124 Peter Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650
Albury – 530/540 Swift St, Albury NSW 2640
Canberra – Level 4, Woden Centre, 20 Bradley St, Phillip ACT 2606
Ballina – 5/26-54 River Street, Ballina NSW 2478
Our services are available Monday to Friday.
Referral and payment options
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- ‘Improved Daily Living’ can be used to access all therapies.
- ‘Improved Health and Wellbeing’ funds can also be used to access Dietitian.
- Private Health Insurance
- Private payment
Training sessions are charged at an hourly rate. Quotes are provided on request.