Coordination of Supports
Our Coordination of Supports team support people with disability, families and carers to:
- Feel in control of their supports
- Be more informed about all available options
- Maximise supports
- Feel more connected
- Receive assistance with making decisions about the future
- Find support in the local community
- Increase confidence
Our Coordination of Supports team assist customers navigating the disability service system by providing information, advice and support when decisions need to be made.
We will make sure customers understand their National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan and then connect customers with the people and supports that will enable them to live life as they choose and reach their potential.
We also focus on building confidence and skills so customers can control their funding.
What we can offer
Our qualified, accredited and committed team can provide two different levels of support for customers.
***Some of our services may be delivered differently as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. To find out specific information about how these changes affect our services, visit our dedicated COVID-19 page.***
Support Coordination is suitable if customers receive multiple or complex supports from a range of providers. It has an increased focus on addressing barriers to participation in accessing services and resolving those issues.
Once you are receiving services, we monitor progress, resolving any further arising issues and suggesting adjustment of ongoing support when required.
Our team has experience in crisis resolution and will work to increase individual’s resilience so they can reach their potential.
Specialist Support Coordination
Specialist Support Coordination is time limited and focuses on overcoming significant barriers preventing access to service delivery. We can assist if customers are at a high risk level by reducing complexities within the support environment.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- We focus on individual goals
- We are committed to finding the best support services for our customers
- We will meet with our customers one-to-one for personal support
- Our team are experts in navigating and getting the most out of the NDIS
- We have access to a diverse range of information about suitable mainstream activities
- We will prioritise crisis situations and attend to them as appropriate
- We will commit to regular, open and responsive communication
Easy access to service
- Our team have expertise in navigating the National Disability System
- We’ll direct access to other support agencies
- We will mentor and coach our customers
- We can provide emotional support
When and where this service is available
This service is available Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm in the following locations:
- Coffs Harbour
- North Parramatta
- Oak Flats
- Wagga Wagga
Additional funding information
The NDIS will use the following terms to describe the funding customers can use to purchase Coordination of Supports services:
- Coordination of Supports
- Support connection
- Training in planning
- Specialist support coordination
We can also support our customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.
We will support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.