Job detail: Support Worker
Search for a job
About the role
We are currently seeking four enthusiastic, caring individuals interested in obtaining casual employment, to work across our In Home and Community support and Everyday Life Skills services in Coffs Harbour.
Reporting to the Frontline Worker Supervisor, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities at a centre or in the community.
This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote the independence and inclusion in society of people with disability or developmental delay, as well as a desire to support individuals to have a voice, choice, and exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.
Experience in a similar role is not essential, however the ideal candidate should identify with Northcott values.
Ideally you will have:
- Disability experience (highly regarded)
- Demonstrated Epilepsy & Autism experience (highly valued)
- Demonstrated experience supporting challenging behaviours (highly valued)
- Current First Aid certificate - HLTAID001/HLTAID003 required
- NDIS Worker Check
- NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain
- Current Australian Driver's Licence and reliable car
- Evidence of compliance with any Public Health Orders applicable at the time – including evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindication certificate if applicable to you.
Why work for us?
- We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and to have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- A family friendly workplace is offered and support provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- Learning & career advancement opportunities
For all enquiries, please contact Fran Norton on email@example.com We will be actively shortlisting for this role so please doesn’t hesitate to apply.
Closing date for the role will be 3rd November 2021.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
When applying internally, Northcott employees are required to notify their Manager and should be aware that their Manager may be asked to endorse their application.
Share this role