Job detail: Join our Graduate Program - Occupational Therapists - January 2020
Search for a job
Join our Graduate Program - Occupational Therapists - January 2020
About the Opportunity
We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
Northcott Therapy provides support to children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities including intellectual disability, physical disability, autism and global developmental delay.
Based in the locations mentioned above and reporting to the Service Manager you will provide timely, evidence based and person-centred therapy services to children and adults with disability, within a multidisciplinary team.
- Genuine interest and commitment to the human services industry
- An understanding of NDIS is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a caseload in an efficient and effective manner
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with AHPRA
- Experience working with children, young people and adults with disability
- An understanding of relevant assessments and interventions
- Current driver's licence and willingness to drive within the region
- NSW Working With Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- National Police Check, or willingness to obtain
As part of the new Graduate Team you will:
- Provide all aspects of therapy services to children, young people, and adults with autism spectrum disorder, intellectual and/or physical disability and other complex needs.
- Be supported by our senior therapists to provide best practice therapy services in an NDIS environment.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to upskill in disability services.
- Be part of a larger Multidisciplinary team – approximately 60 therapists across NSW/ACT.
- Provide centre-based and community-based therapy interventions addressing the customer's needs. These may be delivered on an individual, group or consultative basis.
- Have the opportunity to secure permanent roles as the service grows and/or changes.
- Be an active member of our new graduate support network.
About Northcott Culture & Benefits
- We are a leading NFP disability service provider in NSW and the ACT.
- A family friendly workplace is offered and support provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- Learning & career opportunities including 10 days pro rata professional development per annum.
- A friendly, experienced and supportive team.
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 available.
- Many employee benefits such as: Career Development Opportunities, additional leave entitlements, EAP, discounted gym memberships discounted health insurance, motor service offers and more!
Applications close 18th November 2019
Share this role