Volunteering and mentoring
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and we value the skills, experience and enthusiasm they bring to Northcott.
We can match your skills, interests, location and availability with our current volunteer opportunities to find a role that’s right for you.
Some of the ways you can help Northcott and our customers include:
- Directly supporting our customers to achieve their goals
- Going on a camp, helping at a sports carnival or weekend recreation activity
- Sharing your professional skills
- Supporting us through sharing skills in your area of expertise
- Giving us some administrative support
- Becoming a corporate volunteer
- Helping out at a fundraising or community awareness event
- Lending a hand at one of our offices
- Hosting a fundraising event in your workplace
If you’re wondering why you should volunteer, check out this list of reasons:
- Take the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people with disability
- Feel a sense of achievement and fulfilment
- Make new friends and enjoy new experiences
- Connect to your local community
- Reap the rewards of better physical and mental health
- Enjoy access to in-house training and support
- Enjoy a volunteer experience based on the 2015 National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- You’ll have heaps of fun!
If you would like to find out more information, please get in touch with us by filling out the enquiry form at the bottom of this page.
Be a Mentor
If you are looking to give back to a worthy community organisation and strengthen your skills, our current mentoring opportunities are for you.
We are seeking mature and experienced managers to guide and nurture our management team as they deal with the challenges the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will bring to the disability services industry.
The NDIS is an Australian Government scheme that will give people with disability the opportunity to develop their own goals and make decisions about their supports, including who will provide them.
We are registered to provide supports for NDIS participants. The full roll out of the NDIS commenced in July 2016 and we want your help to support our managers through this change.
We want to hear from leaders in your organisation who:
- Have experience in senior management roles
- Have managed during periods of great change
- Are excellent communicators and sensitive to the needs of others
- Can commit to volunteering 1 hour per month over a full year
- Are keen to give back to the community
Get in touch with us now to chat about our mentoring opportunities.