The SpineCare Foundation is a division of Northcott committed to funding research and educational initiatives that support children with spinal cord disease or injury and their families.
The Foundation’s initiatives include:
- Coordinating educational activities to share knowledge about spinal disease and disorders in children;
- Providing support and funding for tertiary scholarships for students who use wheelchairs
- Funding public health Masters, PhD and postdoctoral research projects to increase the body of knowledge on paediatric spinal injury and disease
As part of its work, the Foundation published two innovative comics in conjunction with medical publisher Medikidz.
These fun and educational comics teach children, their families and peers about spinal cord injuries. They also offer medical professionals another resource to share with their patients.
You can read the comics online now by downloading:
- "Evander's Meditotz adventure" aimed at 3-7 year olds or
- "Medikidz explain spinal cord injury" for 8-15 year olds
Alternatively you can get in touch with us and order your own printed copies of the comics.
The SpineCare Foundation was founded as the Children’s Spinal Research Foundation in 1981 to source funds in NSW to support research into diseases and disorders of the spine in children.
In 2011 The Foundation hosted an inaugural Conference of Innovation and Practice in Childhood Spinal Conditions.
The Foundation is now a division of Northcott, providing ongoing industry leadership in spine care.