Equipment and Technology
Our Equipment and Technology teams support children and adults with disability to:
- Be more self sufficient
- Communicate better with others
- Increase community participation
- Improve mobility
- Increase independence at home, school or work
We will work with customers to improve communication and mobility by creating tailored solutions to each individual’s equipment or technological needs.
We offer assessment and training. Therapists work with customers to match their needs with a technology specification and then train them in the use of it so they can reach their potential.
Our experts will support customers to live more comfortably by making seating and footwear specific to individual needs. We offer a complete orthotics service and take the hassle out of consultation, manufacturing and fitting processes. Our loan service gives individuals and families the chance to try new equipment in their homes before committing to purchase.
Equipment requiring repair or maintenance can be serviced by our expert technicians.
What we can offer
Our qualified, accredited and committed staff can support customers through two different services:
Training and Technology
Our therapists will empower customers and their families or carers by showing them how to use Assistive Technology and Augmentative and Alternative Communication devices.
We focus on supporting use of Assistive Technology in numerous settings and environments such as home, school, work and leisure.
We can also teach customers to program devices to ensure they can continue to meet changing and developing needs.
Equipment Repair and Maintenance
Our seating technicians offer assessments and advice to address specific and complex needs.
We make, repair and modify manual and electric wheelchairs, provide specialised cushions and seating, orthotics and custom-made footwear.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers expect:
- A key contact to answer all questions
- One-to-one appointments
- Service delivery in the home
- Information provided about the status of equipment orders or services
Easy access to service
- Ongoing equipment repair, maintenance and advice
- Equipment and technology training
- 85 years experience in skilled and specific equipment-making trades
- Equipment can be customised or modified to meet individual needs
- Workshops for parents and carers
- Wheelchair modifications (manual and powered)
- Body braces
- Expertise in latest communication technology
- Access to industry experts and advisors
When and where this service is available
These services are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm in North Parramatta and a seating service is available in the homes of people who live in Metropolitan Sydney.
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding customers can use to purchase our Equipment and Technology services:
- Improved daily living skills
- Assistive technology
We can also support our customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.
We will support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.