Everyday Life Skills Training
Our Everyday Life Skills Training services support people with disability to improve skills in:
- Time Management
- Social interaction
- Caring for health and wellbeing
- Being independent in everyday activities
- Communication with others
- Living independently
We will work with our customers to understand the skills they want to learn or develop. We focus on building confidence and independence to allow our customers to truly reach their potential.
With more than 15 years’ experience in training of this type, our team will support our customers to develop the skills they want to learn, such as how to cook, manage a budget or travel independently.
We offer centre-based training groups and can also assist customers to attend local community activities, either as part of a group or with one-to-one staff support.
What we can offer
Our qualified, accredited and committed staff can support our customers in a number of ways:
Individual Skills Development
We offer centre-based skills development sessions and workshops which support our customers to learn and develop skills so they can participate in, and undertake, activities independently.
Group support or activities
We have three types of group sessions available.
1.) Activities designed to allow our customers to participate in a wide range of enjoyable activities such as cooking, gardening, art and craft, sport or fitness.
2.) Access to community events and activities that focus on supporting our customers to access community activities such as a mens shed, film or drama workshops or sporting events.
3.) Skill development sessions that focus on building our customers confidence and developing their skills to be more independent. Examples include health and personal hygiene, budgeting, independent travel, protective behaviours and domestic skills.
Sessions in the home
These sessions involve a support worker coming to a customer’s home and focus on building confidence by supporting customers to learn and develop skills to allow them to be independent and reach their potential.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique individual plan
- An expert to provide support and guidance navigating the system
- Skills training based individual interests
- Assistance when participating in social and recreational activities
- Access to a broad range of qualified trainers and guest speakers
- Individual and group-based skills based training
Easy access to service
- Support to access community events and activities
- Assistance with activities to promote self-care
- Group-based activities with a great social network of friends
When and where this service is available
This service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm in the following locations:
- Coffs Harbour
- Seven Hills
- Wagga Wagga
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding our customers can use to purchase Everyday Life Skills training services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your NDIS questions.