Everyday Life Skills
Northcott’s Everyday Life Skills service has over 15 years’ experience in developing everyday life skills of people with disability. The Everyday Life Skills service is available for young adults aged 18 years and over.
We work with you to understand the skills you want to learn and develop while building confidence and independence to ensure you reach your full potential.
We offer centre-based training that provides customers with the opportunity to socialise with other people with similar interests whilst supporting each other to reach your individual goals.
Our experienced team can provide support you in the following areas:
- Be more confident with your daily routines
- Get out and about in your local community and develop new connections
- Develop a sense of familiarity and confidence to complete tasks on your own
- Supporting you participate in group activities
Our focus is supporting customers through different aspects of their life. All our content is designed with customers in mind and tailored to individual needs.
- Building Resilience
- Building Independent Living skills
- Building Confidence in Social Interactions
- How to Travel Independently
- Effective Communication
- Connecting with Your Community
- Money Management
- Finding Your Strengths and Personal Goals
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Cooking and Preparing Food
- Health and Wellbeing
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding our customers can use to purchase Everyday Life Skills services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation