Nominations are open for the 2019 Aspire Awards©
The Aspire Awards© recognise Australians who identify with a disability and whose work and achievements have made a significant contribution to their profession or to the community. We are glad Ability First Australia and its members are a national sponsor of the Awards this year.
It’s now time now to nominate outstanding individuals who:
- Have demonstrated leadership and advocacy in their community across Australia;
- Have positively contributed to their area of expertise;
- Have become encouraging role models and/or mentors;
- Have contributed to their local, national or international community
- Have changed perceptions of disability
- Have made a positive contribution towards creating a more inclusive society.
Nominations close on 21 October 2019 at 5pm AEST.
Nominations are open to all Australian residents over the age of 18 who have demonstrated achievements in Business, Law, Medicine (including Research), Sport, Community Development and Advocacy, Government and Non-Government, Arts, Human Rights and Writing (Fiction or Journalism).
Last year’s winners include Fiona Smith for achievement in Law, Colleen Furlanetto for outstanding work in Human Rights and Dr Harry Eeman for his focused work in Medicine and Research.
To nominate or find out more go to: https://theaspireawards.com.au/award-categories
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in November.