Ideas for entertaining and informing children at home
Keeping children entertained can be a challenge – especially in these times of self-isolation and social distancing.
They also share with us some other useful resources to prompt discussion about the current global situation with young people and support them to navigate through the pandemic.
Fact sheets from the Black Dog Institute
- Reassuring young people about the unknown | Information for parents and carers during COVID-19
- Supporting young people | Information for Teachers & Counsellors during COVID-19
Digital tools for young people
- Bite Back | An online space to help young people build resilience in an interactive environment
- iBobbly | Free app to build positive mental health and wellbeing in young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Headspace | Self-guided meditation app
Support services for children and young adults
- Kids Helpline | 1800 55 1800
- Headspace | 1800 650 890
This is an unusual time for everyone and it is important that children feel happy and safe too. We hope these resources prove helpful for our customers, families, carers and the broader community.