Supporting understanding and use of phrases
A play based group for preschool and primary school students who would benefit from language activities that support understanding and use of common words and phrases.
What you will gain:
• Experience interacting with others while participating in engaging activities, designed to support the development of social skills
• An understanding of how to start, maintain and end a conversation
• Practise keeping a positive interaction going by staying on topic, taking turns and asking and answering questions.
Benefits of a group setting
• Makes a great complement to individual therapy
• Offers a fun way to learn and practise communication skills
• Allows for practical implementation of social skills
• Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from other participants and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
Thursday 21 January, 9:00am – 11:00am
Location: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta 2151
Cost: $258.64 (price may change in line with NDIS price indexation increase)
Note: Carers will be asked to participate in the last 15 minutes of the group. During this time, a therapist will provide feedback and demonstrate specific strategies that can be used at home.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers.
RSVP as soon as possible to secure your spot.