School Aged Social Skills – High School Group
Group therapy sessions for high school students who want to increase their social skills.
What your child will gain:
• Experience interacting with others while participating in engaging activities, designed to support the development of social skills
• An understanding of how to start, maintain and end a conversation
• Practise keeping a positive interaction going by staying on topic, taking turns and asking and answering questions.
Benefits of a group setting
• Makes a great complement to individual therapy
• Offers a fun way to learn and practise communication skills
• Allows for practical implementation of social skills
• Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from other participants and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
High School Group: Tuesday 11 January 2022, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Location: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta 2151
Cost: $205.07 (subject to change in line with NDIS price indexation increase)
Cancellation: Northcott must be notified of cancellations at least 2 weeks prior to the group. Otherwise full charges will still apply against the participant’s NDIS plan.
Note: Carers will be asked to participate in the last 15 minutes of the session. During this time, a therapist will provide feedback and demonstrate specific strategies that can be used at home.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers who communicate verbally and/or use alternate communication systems, such as LAMP Words for Life or Proloquo2Go.
Please express your interest in participating soon as spots are limited and will fill up quickly. Once we receive your expression of interest, we will ask some follow up questions to make sure the group is suitable for your child.