School Aged Fine & Gross Motor Skills
Group therapy sessions for primary and high school students who want to improve their fine and gross motor skills.
What you will gain:
• Experience interacting with others while participating in fun and engaging activities, designed to support the development of fine & gross motor skills
• Practice using smaller hand muscles and larger muscles in the body to support everyday activities such as writing, cooking, dressing, climbing and jumping
• Practice taking turns, following instructions and actively listening.
Benefits of a group setting
• Makes a great complement to individual therapy
• Offers a fun way to learn and practise communication skills
• Allows for practical implementation of social skills
• Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from other participants and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
- Primary School Group: Monday 10 January, 9:00am – 11:00am
- High School Group: Monday 10 January, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: 1 Fennell Street, North Parramatta 2151
Note: Carers will be asked to participate in the last 15 minutes of the group. During this time, a therapist will provide feedback and demonstrate specific strategies that can be used at home.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers.
Spots are limited. Please express your interest in the group ASAP. Once expressions of interest have been received, we will ask some follow up questions to make sure the group is suitable for you.