ONLINE GROUP THERAPY: Social Skills
Online group therapy sessions for primary school students who want to increase their social skills.
What your child will gain:
- Experience interacting with others while participating in fun and engaging activities, designed to support the development of social skills
- An understanding of how to keep a conversation going
- Practise keeping a positive interaction going by staying on topic, taking turns and asking and answering questions.
Benefits of a group setting:
- Makes a great complement to individual therapy
- Offers a fun way to learn and practise communication skills
- Allows for practical implementation of social skills
- Takes place in a safe learning environment, with support and guidance from their peers and Speech Pathologists.
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday 22 September 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Friday 1 October 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Note: For the duration of the group –
- Carers will need to be present.
- Your child must have access to a suitable device (e.g. tablet/laptop).
- You will need a stable internet connection.
- Your child will need access to a printer, pens/pencils, paper, and clothes pegs.
This group is open to existing and new Northcott customers who communicate verbally and/or use an alternate communication system, such as LAMP Words for Life or Proloquo2Go.
Spots are limited. Please express your interest in the group ASAP. Once expressions of interest have been received, we will ask some follow up questions to make sure the group is suitable for your child.