Coronavirus (COVID-19): Customer information 16 March
The Australian Government has updated its advice over the weekend. We are closely monitoring the situation, following health authority advice and taking all required action to protect the health and wellbeing of customers, visitors and staff.
NSW Health advises that the risk of contracting COVID-19 is low, but we remind all customers, visitors and staff to exercise good hygiene habits and follow health advice. It is unlikely you will contract coronavirus unless you:
- have returned from overseas (from any country) on or after 15 March, in which case you must self-isolate for 14 days
- have returned from China, Iran, South Korea or Italy within the past 14 days
- have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
How can I help?
To protect everyone, we ask that you do not enter Northcott premises if:
- you have returned from overseas on or after 15 March. In this case it is an Australian Government requirement that you self-isolate for 14 days OR
- you have returned from China, Iran, South Korea or Italy within the past 14 days, OR
- you have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days OR
- you are sick or have any flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, sneezing, tiredness).
Instead, call our Customer Service Team on 1800 818 286 and we will ensure we get the right help for you.
We also recommend that you:
- wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser regularly and for at least 20 seconds.
- avoid handshakes and unnecessary physical contact.
- cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- see your doctor if you are feeling unwell.
What is Northcott doing to protect me and my family?
- Northcott is strictly following health authority advice to ensure our preparations align with their recommendations. We ask that all customers, visitors and staff do not attend any Northcott facility if they have been overseas and returned in the last two days (in which case they must self-isolate), or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days, or are unwell.
- Northcott has formed a COVID-19 Response Working Group comprising clinical, corporate and operations expertise. This group is currently reviewing, upgrading and implementing improved infection control measures, monitors the situation daily, provides updates and develops an emergency response plan to minimise impact on services.
- We are consulting with the NSW Public Health Unit to ensure essential care will be maintained for you or your loved ones. Check out this Easy Read Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet from the NDIS.
- We are consulting with peak disability services organisations - such as National Disability Services, Ability First Australia as well as the NDIA and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission - to ensure every possible measure has been considered to protect our customers.
- Increased infection control measures, including additional staff training, enhanced levels of cleaning, and provision of hand sanitisers.
Although there is no vaccine for COVID-19 yet, the Australian Government recommends everyone aged 6 months and over have an annual influenza vaccination (Flu-Vaccine) unless your doctor advises against this.
We recommend that you read this Fact Sheet on COVID-19 or the Easy Read Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet from the NDIS and visit this NSW Health webpage.
For more information, you can call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you would like to know anything more about how we are managing COVID-19 in your services, please contact your local Northcott Service Coordinator.