Children’s Respite House, georges hall NSW 2198
Northcott’s Children’s Respite House, Georges Hall is the perfect kids retreat.
It is fully equipped, safe, comfortable and accessible, offering multiple indoor and outdoor areas.
It is situated in a convenient location close to all amenities, public transport, hospital and Bankstown Central.
Guests have access to a range of programs including in house activities, skill development programs, community access programs, relationship building and exercise programs.
The property features five bedrooms, two bathrooms, three toilets, kitchen, laundry, two comfortable living areas, three outdoor areas and wheelchair accessible driveway and car space.
Indoor and outdoor areas for entertainment and activities: Wii, iPads, Foxtel, activity cupboard with games, art and craft, sensory boxes, swing set, play equipment, spring free trampoline, sensory boards, BBQ and relaxation area with picnic table and chairs.
The bedrooms are fully furnished with king single beds (three of five are adjustable electric beds), built in wardrobes and linen provided.
A manual hoist with slings, Seahorse shower and commode chair are available.
Our Centre Based Respite services support children and adults with disability to have time away or take a break from daily routine, meet people with similar interests and take part in a variety of fun activities in an accessible home-away-from-home.
Our services provide the opportunity for you to relax and recharge while knowing the person you care for is supported in a safe and friendly environment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding that can be used to purchase centre based respite:
– Short term Accommodation and Assistance
– Assistance in living arrangements (host family/alternative family situation)
– Assistance with self-care activities overnight (different levels)
Features of the property:
- Five bedrooms
- Two generous living areas
- Two well maintained outdoor play areas and one relaxation area with a picnic table
- Close to shops and hospital
- Front and rear wheelchair access
Special features and equipment available:
- TVs in both living areas and option to fix TVs to bedroom walls
- Front and rear outdoor areas with artificial grass and play equipment
- Third outdoor area with picnic table and seating
- Fully ducted air-conditioning
- Secure gated driveway and backyard
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- One seahorse commode/shower chair and one shower/commode chair available
- Hoist and slings available
- Slide sheets
- Communication boards and activities