Job detail: Support Worker
Search for a job
About the role
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and caring individuals interested in obtaining casual employment to work across our In Home and Community Care program in South West Sydney. Reporting to the Frontline Worker Supervisor, you will be required to support customers with an NDIS Plan reach their individual goals.
In Home and Community Care provides 1:1 support for people with disability aged 0 – 65. The successful applicant will support our customers to participate in social activities in their local communities and build independence to complete daily tasks. This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote the independence and inclusion in society of people with disability and mental health.
Experience in a similar role is not essential, however the ideal candidate should identify with Northcott values.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in disability, nursing, aged care or child care would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated Epilepsy & Autism experience (highly valued)
- Demonstrated experience supporting challenging behaviours (highly valued)
- Demonstrated experience supporting customers with personal care (highly valued)
- Current First Aid certificate - HLTAID001/HLTAID003 required
- National Police History Check less than 6 months old or willingness to obtain
- Valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain
- Current Australian Driver's Licence and reliable car
Why work for us?
- We are a leading disability services provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disability and their families and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and to have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- Learning and training opportunities
The closing date for this position is the 10th September. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period as we have a number of opportunities in this area that are immediately available, so please don't hesitate to apply
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Northcott is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications.
Share this role