Adult Respite House, bidwill NSW 2770
Take a break, relax and unwind at Northcott’s Adult Respite House, Bidwill – a home away from home.
It is fully equipped, safe, comfortable and accessible, offering two indoor and one outdoor area.
It is situated in a convenient location close to public transport, shopping centre and hospital.
Guests have access to a range of programs including in house activities, skill development programs, community access programs, relationship building and exercise programs.
The property features five bedrooms (one with an ensuite), bathroom, three toilets, kitchen, laundry, two large living areas, playroom, large yard/ entertainment area and wheelchair accessible driveway and car space.
Indoor and outdoor areas for entertainment and activities: TV, massage chair, computer, recreational cupboards with games, art and craft, sensory boxes, activity bookcase, play area with swing chair, BBQ, egg chairs and outdoor dining set.
The bedrooms are fully furnished with king single beds (three of five are adjustable electric beds), built in wardrobes and linen provided.
A hoist, slings, shower bed and commode chair is available.
Our Centre Based Respite services support children and adults with disability to have time away or take a break from daily routine, meet people with similar interests and take part in a variety of fun activities in an accessible home-away-from-home.
Our services provide the opportunity for you to relax and recharge while knowing the person you care for is supported in a safe and friendly environment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding that can be used to purchase centre based respite:
– Short term Accommodation and Assistance
– Assistance in living arrangements (host family/alternative family situation)
– Assistance with self-care activities overnight (different levels)
Features of the property:
- Five bedrooms
- Two generous living areas
- Well maintained outdoor entertaining area and lawn
- Close to shopping centre and hospital
- Front and rear wheelchair access
Special features and equipment available:
- TVs in both living areas
- Relaxing outdoor entertaining area with six-seater table
- Fully ducted air-conditioning
- Wheelchair accessible parking in driveway
- Secure carport for two vehicles
- Secure gated driveway and backyard
- Adjustable electric beds in three of the bedrooms
- Shower bed and chair
- Hoist and slings
- Slide sheets
- Large wheelchair accessible vehicle
- Communication boards
We just need a few details from you and one of our friendly team will be in touch to answer your questions.